Jeanette’s love of watercolor comes from many years of visiting art festivals and always being drawn to watercolor paintings. But it was not until her retirement in 2003 that she began taking drawing and botanical illustration classes in Miami and she discovered that she had a talent for painting in detail. She continued those classes in Melbourne with Therese Ferguson, Jea Jea Trimble and Linda Neal. Jea Jea greatly influenced her love of painting the local wildlife and tropical flowers.
Jeanette is an active member of the Florida Watercolor Society, the Strawbridge Art League Inc., the North Brevard Art League and the Brevard Watercolor Society. Her paintings are currently on display in the Art Gallery of Viera where she is one of the two founding Members/Owners. Jeanette also participates in the “art in public places” program courtesy of The Brevard Cultural Alliance. Jeanette is honored to have her paintings as part of the permanent collections of Viera Hospital, Patrick Air Force Base Medical Center, the Orlando Health Heart Institute and the Cape Canaveral City Hall..
- 2005 "Mayors Award" for one of her paintings of Florida Pelicans. The city of Cape - - Canaveral purchased the painting and it is on display at the Cape Canaveral City Hall
- 2007 Best of Fauna award - Brevard Watercolor Society and the Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge the annual Images From the Refuge show
- 2008 Merit Island National Wildlife Refuge Artist Recognition Award: painting - Great Horned Owl
- Third Place and Merit Award - Central Brevard Art Association’s 2008 Annual Fall Show
- First Place -“Attitude in Red” in the watercolor category at the 2009 Titusville Art League’s Spring Show
- Third Place in the 2009 Cocoa Village Art and Craft Show
- Best in Show - “Snowy Egret” - 2009 Watercolor Images From The Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge Show.
- First Place - “Attitude in Green”; watercolor category at the 2010 Titusville Art League’s Spring Show
-Third Place in the 2010 art competition for the Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival.
- Merit Award at the Brevard Watercolor Society’s 2010 annual show “Splash”
- First Place - “First Flight” at the 2011 Watercolor Images From The Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge Show.
- First Place for “Phil” in the watercolor category at the 2012 Titusville Art League’s Annual Spring Show.
- First Place for “Reflections” in the 2012 Cocoa Village Art and Craft Show
- Third Place at the Space Coast Birding and Wildlife Art competition 2015
- First Place in the Titusville Spring Show 2015
- Merit Award at the Space Coast Birding and Wildlife Art competition 2017
- Merit Award for Mixed Media at Titusville Spring show 2017
- Merit Award - Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge Show 2017
- Third Place Award- Watercolor - North Brevard Art League Inc. Spring Show 2018
- Third Place Award - Brevard Watercolor Society - SPLASH 2018
- Best in Show Award – Kaleidosccope (2018) - Art and Antique Studio
- Cape Canaveral City Hall – Purchased “Cape Canaveral Pelican”
- Viera Hospital - Purchased 24 Giclee’s as part of their permanent art collection
- Patrick Air Force Base Medical Center - Purchased four Giclee’s as part of their
Permanent art collection